Monday, February 23, 2009
Today you are to continue researching and building your Annotated Biliography, which is due March 5th. Please remember to check your assignment for source requirements. You can have only 2 web-based sources!
To make your searching more effective, check out this link http://websearch.about.com/b/2008/04/30/how-to-effectively-use-a-search-engine.htm
It will help you not only with web-based searches, but also with card catalog and database searching.
See you Tuesday! Don't forget to read Ivan!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- Search the PSM Card Catalog, OPAC (Use the link to the PSM Intranet)
- Find any books that may be useful
- Determine whether you should check them out
Optionally, you can:
Search for online journals and periodicals
- Use the link to High Beam Research
- [login: stephiann]
- [password: seniorpaper]
Search online encyclopedias
- Use the PSM Intranet link to get to
- EB--[login: psm] [password: psm]
- Culture Grams--[no password]
- First Search,--[login: 100-111-376] [password: psmknights]
Any strictly web-based material must be evaluated (Use the link "Evaluating Elecrontic Sources")
Please use the links on the right to help you get started.
All of the work you do today should help you meet our next deadline: February 10th, 5 sources due (Bring to class!!!!!)
Monday, February 2, 2009
1. Go to the PSM Intranet http://intranet.psm.k12.il.us:2003/. Use the links to
- Britanica Online,
- Culture Grams (Helpful for research about any area in the world), and
- Contemporary Literary Criticism.
2. Use the internet--certain search engines are useful for specific things--read up on it here: http://websearch.about.com/od/enginesanddirectories/p/websearch101.htm
3. Highbeam research: Here you will find published periodicals. Very useful.
- login: stephiann
- password: seniorpaper
Extra Credit opportunity--read a novel that involves your topic. Use it to connect to the social ramifications of the topic.